Two Urban Legends which hit my Inbox today...
* irenic *
2006-10-04 04:55:11 UTC
1. First, an article on coughing if suffering a heart attack...

This hoax email has apparently been floating around for some time - see
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/survive-heart-attack.html

2. The rumour of Steve Irwin becoming a 'born again Christian' now has
urbanlegend status -
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_steve_irwin_born_again.htm

-- --

Shalom! Rowland Croucher

'It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know
for sure that just ain't so' (Mark Twain)

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/ - 18,000 articles/ 4000 humour
Mark T
2006-10-04 05:19:58 UTC
Post by * irenic *
2. The rumour of Steve Irwin becoming a 'born again Christian' now has
urbanlegend status -
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_steve_irwin_born_again.htm
Trew Kristyuns can't bear the idea that a nice bloke like Steve Irwin will
burn in hell forever for not accepting Jesus into his heart (or liver, or
kidneys, or whatever) so they make up myths.
--
"We're Christians! We're not supposed to think!" Fanny Wype (Nudist Colony
Of The Dead)

"All things are probable. Try to believe." - Mark 17:1
"Really! Try to believe even if it's bloody stupid and irrational." - Mark
17:2
"Why? Because I said so, that's why! Don't ask questions. Just
believe." - Mark 17:3
alanm
If you don't believe these things, why do you post them ?
Ken Smith
2006-10-04 22:39:25 UTC
Post by alanm
Post by * irenic *
1. First, an article on coughing if suffering a heart attack...
This hoax email has apparently been floating around for some time - see
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/survive-heart-attack.html
2. The rumour of Steve Irwin becoming a 'born again Christian' now has
urbanlegend status -
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_steve_irwin_born_again.htm
If you don't believe these things, why do you post them ?
Isn't it the duty of all Christians to correct lies if we possibly
can?

Shalom
Ken Smith

--
Dr Ken Smith - Christian, husband, unpaid mathematician, skeptic, ...
`In dealing with questions about the natural world, scientists must act
There can be no scientific study of God.' Douglas J. Futuyma
Barry OGrady
2006-10-05 00:30:55 UTC
Post by alanm
Post by * irenic *
1. First, an article on coughing if suffering a heart attack...
This hoax email has apparently been floating around for some time - see
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/survive-heart-attack.html
2. The rumour of Steve Irwin becoming a 'born again Christian' now has
urbanlegend status -
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_steve_irwin_born_again.htm
If you don't believe these things, why do you post them ?
Isn't it the duty of all Christians to correct lies if we possibly can?
No No. Its the duty of all Christians to promote lies in order to suck people in.

As a skeptic you would know that, but you are a Christian, or are you a skeptic?
You can't be both. When will you decide?
Ken Smith
--
Barry
=====
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
alanm
2006-10-05 11:20:34 UTC
Post by Ken Smith
Post by alanm
Post by * irenic *
1. First, an article on coughing if suffering a heart attack...
This hoax email has apparently been floating around for some time - see
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/survive-heart-attack.html
2. The rumour of Steve Irwin becoming a 'born again Christian' now has
urbanlegend status -
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_steve_irwin_born_again.htm
If you don't believe these things, why do you post them ?
Isn't it the duty of all Christians to correct lies if we possibly
can?
Why do you answer a question directed to someone else and, even given that,
why do you answer it with another question?
Chiron
2006-10-06 00:30:14 UTC
Why not?
alanm
2006-10-06 08:23:02 UTC
Why do you ask ?
Barry OGrady
2006-10-06 03:27:48 UTC
Post by alanm
Post by * irenic *
1. First, an article on coughing if suffering a heart attack...
This hoax email has apparently been floating around for some time - see
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/survive-heart-attack.html
2. The rumour of Steve Irwin becoming a 'born again Christian' now has
urbanlegend status -
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_steve_irwin_born_again.htm
If you don't believe these things, why do you post them ?
'Cos others do, and they might be wrong (see Mark Tweain's quote below -
cited in Al Gore's new movie)
I'm sure a caring intelligent person like you shares my passion to relieve
people of their ignorance :-)
Rowland will do whatever it takes to encourage ignorance.
--
Rowland Croucher
Barry
alanm
2006-10-06 08:31:14 UTC
Post by Barry OGrady
Post by alanm
Post by * irenic *
1. First, an article on coughing if suffering a heart attack...
This hoax email has apparently been floating around for some time - see
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/survive-heart-attack.html
2. The rumour of Steve Irwin becoming a 'born again Christian' now has
urbanlegend status -
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_steve_irwin_born_again.htm
If you don't believe these things, why do you post them ?
'Cos others do, and they might be wrong (see Mark Tweain's quote below -
cited in Al Gore's new movie)
I'm sure a caring intelligent person like you shares my passion to relieve
people of their ignorance :-)
Rowland will do whatever it takes to encourage ignorance.
He's not the only one. People are more evasive than a stealth plane at
answering questions on this topic.
lynx
2006-10-06 11:10:02 UTC
Post by Barry OGrady
Post by Barry OGrady
Post by Barry OGrady
people of their ignorance :-)
Rowland will do whatever it takes to encourage ignorance.
He's not the only one. People are more evasive than a stealth plane at
answering questions on this topic.
What is the topic?
--
rgds,

Pete
=====
http://pw352.blogspot.com/
'Birthdays are good for you - the more you have the longer you live'
alanm
2006-10-06 13:59:48 UTC
Post by lynx
Post by Barry OGrady
Post by Barry OGrady
Post by Barry OGrady
people of their ignorance :-)
Rowland will do whatever it takes to encourage ignorance.
He's not the only one. People are more evasive than a stealth plane at
answering questions on this topic.
What is the topic?
The subject is about two urban legends but could it be that the topic is
really about asking questions ?

Ken Smith
2006-10-04 22:37:53 UTC
Post by * irenic *
1. First, an article on coughing if suffering a heart attack...
This hoax email has apparently been floating around for some time - see
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/survive-heart-attack.html
2. The rumour of Steve Irwin becoming a 'born again Christian' now has
urbanlegend status -
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_steve_irwin_born_again.htm
At least this gets labelled an urban legend early in its life - but
we'll no doubt be hearing about it for years to come.

It took nearly a century for the legend that Darwin recanted about
evolution at the end of his life to be finally laid to rest among
people prepared to listen. But it's still circulating in some
circles.
Post by * irenic *
-- --
Shalom! Rowland Croucher
'It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know
for sure that just ain't so' (Mark Twain)
http://jmm.aaa.net.au/ - 18,000 articles/ 4000 humour
Salaam
Ken Smith